What are Varicose Veins?
Your legs contain superficial veins, which carry blood back to the heart. Your veins contain one-way valves that close in order to prevent blood from traveling backwards down the leg. Overtime, due to many factors, your one-way valves may become incompetent. When this happens, the veins may start to bulge out on the surface and blood will start pooling in the lower legs. Hence the skin texture and color changes. Varicose veins are the large, ropey veins you can see and feel. See the image at right: This is the difference between spider veins (on left) and varicose veins (on right). Varicose Veins are not a cosmetic condition.
Although less common, some people can develop symptoms of Chronic Venous Insufficiency, but may not have visible varicose veins. Do you have any of the symptoms below? Schedule your Consultation with Dr. Hannum Now.
What are the common symptoms of Varicose Veins & Chronic Venous Insufficiency?
- Leg Pain
- Ropey, Bumpy, Large Bulging Veins
- Swollen Legs/Feet
- Non-Healing Wounds
- Skin Color & Texture Changes (reddish tones and leather texture)
- Achy, Fatigued, Heavy Legs
- Burning, Itching, Tingling
- Cramps / “Charlie Horse”
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Spider Veins (accompanied by some or all of the symptoms listed above)
Treatment Options Are Available & Covered By Majority Of Insurance Plans (yes, even Medicare plans cover it)!
If you are facing any of these problems, we offer a variety of treatment options! At The Vascular Clinic and Vein Treatment Center, we are devoted to helping our clients resolve their specific vein problems.
View this animation of the Venfefit procedure
To Schedule a consultation with Dr. Hannum, call the vascular clinic & vein treatment center at (407) 818-1111.
Request a Consultation
Why Choose Us?
- • We offer a number of procedures to resolve your vascular conditions.
- • Dr. Scott Hannum is one of the only board certified Vascular surgeons in Kissimmee, Florida.
- • Our staff takes care of patients with vein problems day in and day out.
- • We have over 12 years of experience treating vein patients.